Earlier today we reported about Huawei launching the Huawei P40 smartphone via an online event in the European market although that was a global event. During the same event, the company wrapped off the Huawei P40 Pro and the P40 Pro+ smartphones.
Both devices come with a 6.58-inch Full HD+ OLED display with Quad Curve on the 4 corners and are equipped with a high refresh rate of 90Hz which seems to be the trend of 2019-2020. The processor used in both the variants is the same as the standard variant of P40 i.e. the HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G SoC. Speaking of the other top features, the main talking point of the Huawei P40 Pro and the P40 Pro+ is the camera which has always been the USP of Huawei phones especially the ‘P’ series and the ‘Mate’ series in the past. The company has a long history of partnership with Leica for their high-end lenses and camera tech that is brought to smartphones.
Huawei P40 Pro:
The Huawei P40 Pro features a 50MP of main RYYB ultra vision camera with f/1.9 aperture and OIS. The other sensor used is a 40MP ultra-wide one with f/1.8 aperture. The third sensor is a 12MP RYYB Periscope lens with 5x optical zoom and 10x hybrid zoom. Talking about the 4th sensor, this one is a ToF sensor for depth sensing. It has a video recording capability of 4K up to 60fps and ultra slo-mo at 7680fps.
The Huawei P40 Pro comes in Black, Ice White, Deep Sea Blue, Silver Frost, and Blush Gold colors. It will be available for purchase for a starting price of €999 from April 7th.
Huawei P40 Pro+:
On the other hand, the Huawei P40 Pro+ is equipped with even more improvements to the photography capabilities of the smartphone. Other sensors remain the same but with a slight change to Periscope lens shifting to 8MP and addition of 8MP Telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom and 20x hybrid zoom.
As with all the Huawei/Honor branded smartphones, these two also don’t get the Google Mobile Services (GMS) which lets us use Google Play Services. To overcome this problem, the company has announced HMS(Huawei Mobile Suite) for their devices. In some regions like India, the company has even partnered with apps and services like Indus App Bazar that lets you download all your apps. As the GMS services are banned for Huawei, the company has opted for AOSP (Android Open Source Project) version of Android with EMUI 10 on top.
The Huawei P40 Pro+ comes in Ceramic Black and Ceramic White colors. It will be available for purchase for a starting price of €1399 from June this year in an 8GB+512GB variant.
- 6.58-inch Full HD+ 90Hz (2640x1200p) Flex OLED display
- 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM
- 256GB/512GB of internal storage
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G with Mali-G76MP16 GPU
- P40 Pro – 50MP(RYYB)+40MP(ultra-wide)+12MP(RYYB periscope)+ ToF Quad camera with dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video
- P40 Pro+ :– 50MP(RYYB)+40MP(ultra-wide)+12MP(RYYB periscope)+ 8MP telephoto (3x optical) + ToF Penta camera with dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video
- 32MP + IR dual front camera for Face unlock, 4k video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- IP68 Water & dust resistant
- P40 Pro Dimensions: 158.2×72.6×8.95mm
- Weight: 209g
- P40 Pro+ Dimensions:
- Weight: 226g
- USB Type-C(3.1)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC
- 4200mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge, 27W / 40W (Pro+) Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge