Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has now officially introduced not one but two new flagship smartphones for the global market. The latest offerings from Xiaomi make a debut under the Xiaomi Mi series and are called the Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro respectively.
The new Xiaomi Mi 10 series features a big 6.67-inch Full HD+(2340x1080p) 19.5:9 Super AMOLED display with a refresh rate of 90 Hz. The display peaks a brightness of up to 1120 nits which is a big upgrade compared to the previous one. The displays of both the Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro are protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on the top. For the first time in a Xiaomi phone, we get an LPDDR5 RAM with a capacity of 8GB. For this 8GB of RAM we get 128GB or 256GB of internal storage based on UFS 3.0 fast storage. Powering the device is an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Mobile platform with x55 modem for 5G connectivity. For gamers and other graphics-intensive tasks, the Xiaomi Mi 10 series is equipped with Adreno 650 GPU.
For the photography enthusiasts, the Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro are no slouch. Both the devices boast a quad-camera setup on the rear camera.
Xiaomi Mi 10:
The first device introduced today is the Mi 10 from Xiaomi with its 108MP of a main wide-angle lens and 1/1.33″ super sensor, f/1.69 aperture and Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). There is a 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens with a field of view of 123 degrees and f/2.4 aperture. There is a 3rd sensor of 2MP for capturing macro shots in close-ups. The last sensor used by Xiaomi in the Mi 10 is a 2MP depth sensor which isn’t a big one.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro:
The cameras in Mi 10 Pro are slightly improved as compared with the regular Mi 10. We get a regular 108MP wide-angle lens as primary with 1/1.33″ super sensor, f/1.69 aperture and Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). The second sensor used in Mi 10 Pro is a 12MP Telephoto with 2x optical zoom(50mm), Dual PD and f/2.0 aperture. For your extra-wide needs, the company has taken care of a 20MP Ultra Wide with a 117-degree field of view and f/2.2 aperture.
Other features of the Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro include a dual-band SA/NSA 5G connectivity, WiFi 6 802.11 axes (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, NFC and USB Type-C. The battery capacities of both the devices are slightly different and so does their charging speed.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 comes with a 478pmAh battery with a 30W Quick Charge 4+ USB PD 3.0 fast charging and 30W wireless fast charging. It also lets you charge other devices with 10W reverse wireless charging like what we saw with the Galaxy S10 series from Samsung.
Speaking of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, the device brings a big 4500mAh battery with support for 50W Quick Charge 4+ and USB PD 3.0 and 30W wireless fast charging. t also lets you charge other devices with 10W reverse wireless charging like what we saw with the Galaxy S10 series from Samsung.
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ 19m5:9 (2340 × 1080p) Super AMOLED 90Hz display with HDR10 +, 1120 nits brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB of internal storage with UFS 3.0
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU and X55 modem
- Mi 10: 108MP(Wide) + 13MP(Ultra-wide) + 2MP(Telephoto) + 2(Macro) Quad rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, OIS, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps Super slo-mo at 720p
- Mi 10 Pro : 108MP(Wide) + 20MP(Ultra-wide) + 12MP(Telephoto) + 8MP(Telephoto) Quad rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, OIS, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps Super slo-mo at 720p
- 20MP front camera
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio
- Dimensions: 162.6×74.8×8.96mm
- Weight: 208g
- 5G SA/NSA , WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- Mi 10: 4780mAh battery with 30W Quick Charge 4+ / PD3.0 wired and wireless fast charging 10w wireless reverse charging
- Mi 10 Pro: 4500mAh battery with 50W Quick Charge 4+ / PD3.0 wired, 30W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
The Xiaomi Mi 10 will be available in Twilight Grey and Coral Green colors and you can get it for €799 starting April 7th. On the other hand, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro will be available in Alpine White and Solstice Grey Blue colors and can be purchased for €999.