Almost two months ago we wrote that OnePlus is starting the IDEAS program where users can submit suggestions for new features that the company will analyze and implement 5 ideas from the most voted ones. Today, OnePlus has officially revealed the 5 winning ideas that will be taken into development and added to the roadmap.
There were more than 5000 ideas submitted, a clear sign that OnePluas has an active user base that is willing to participate in making OxygenOS better. Out of those, there were a few that stood out and the company will implement them in the near future. Furthermore, those that suggested the winning features will receive prizes from the company.
- Always on Display – development to be finished around June, CBT/OBT coming in Aug/Sep [subject to changes, there are various factors working]
- Enable fingerprint lock for hidden pictures in gallery – included in the roadmap
- Play sound when the battery is fully charged – included in the roadmap
- Folders within the app drawer -included in the roadmap
- Adding more essential features to Zen Mode – included in the roadmap
There were also other cool ideas that, even though had a big fan base, OnePlus decided not to implement them for now.
- Edge notification light
- OnePlus Dex
- Call recording
- Google message for the stock SMS/RCS app
- Study mode
- API support for Gcam
- Improve the adaptive brightness
- Custom fingerprint animations
- Real-time weather wallpaper
- Real One Hand Mode
- AMOLED dark
- Boost capabilities of the alert slider
- An option to set battery charging limit to 80%
- Variable charging speed
- Allow users to choose which stock apps to install during set-up